Friday, July 11, 2014

First Post/Green Pea Hummus

I tried this blogging thing two summers ago and it went pretty well until I lost all motivation...So in the spirit of new beginnings, I thought I might try it again. Therefore, hi. Hey. Hello. Welcome. I'm doing another summer blog thing! It's probably going to consist of me cooking things and documenting it plus summer experiences and links to things I really like.
I'm calling this blog MidWest Coast because it's a combination of my two current locations in the world, Los Angeles and Chicago.
This first post is about green pea hummus. 
I found the recipe while reading my favorite blog ever A Cup Of Jo. Since recently coming back from Israel I have been super in to hummus (you would think that I would be so sick of it, but no)! So here is how I made this refreshing and summery dip.

 Ingredients! Did you know that they have stopped selling Tahini at Ralphs?? They sell like six different kinds at Whole Foods however...
Three cheers for my Ninja food processor/ Matching nail color!


Tip: Make sure your peas are not totally frozen! They are easier to process and your hummus will not be positively freezing if they are closer to room temperature.

 
Obviously I paired my hummus with pita chips, but this would go well with anything. The result is a lime-y, mint-y spread that keeps well when refrigerated.  
It was simple to make and now I can say that I have made my own hummus! How very Gwyneth. More to come soon. I have a lot of recipes that I want to make this summer, lots of museums and farmers markets to visit, music to talk about, things to see, places to go...stay tuned!

-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment